We're back! We're long overdue to get the word and race app out for our big Fall event, the fourth annual Out of Bounds Half Marathon and 10K Trail Runs at Bristol Mountain. Join us Sunday, October 5th (noon start)for big fun, big elevation changes and a big post race feast. Course designer Tim Ratowski, the innovator of offroad, has set up a challenging course that will take you on a wild tour of the woods around Bristol Mountain in Canandaigua, NY. Sense of humor is required.
What's new this year:
* New race date, we are on Sunday this year instead of Saturday.
* Our 10K serves as the USATF Niagara Association 10K Trail Championship. USATF Niagara Association members are eligible to compete for the overall cash prize and age group medals. You do not need to be a USATF member to participate in the 10K but awards however are only available to USATF Niagara Association members. USATF membership registration will be available race day. Awards in the half marathon are open to all racers.
* Mizuno tech shirts to the first 125 to register at either distance.
* Ian Webber is responsible for the video of the 2007 race now on our website, it offers a great glimpse of the race and what we do. Enjoy.
* An elevation profile has been added to the home page.
Each participant receives:
* A Skyride chairlift ride to the start at the summit of Bristol Mountain.
* Mizuno Tech Shirt to the first 125 registered runners.
* Post race barbecue.
* Half marathoners receive a pair of Injinji socks (first 75 registered).
Consider joining us for one of the most unique and challenging running experiences in the Northeast. We promise fast descents, big climbs, great views of the surrounding mountains, well-stocked fuel stations and a big collection of swag thanks to awesome race support from our sponsors that include: Bristol Mountain Winter Resort, Teva footwear, Mizuno, Ultimate Direction hydration, Buff headwear, Injinji socks and All Terrain Photo.
Thanks for reading and we'll see you out there.
You've been Goosed!
Mort and Tim