Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Catcher's Creed by Coach Dave Weaver

Posted by http://www.athletesadvisor.com

Coach Dave Weaver is founder and director of the New England Catching Camp

  1. Understanding that as a catcher I must accept my role as the leader of my team.
  2. I hold myself to the 10 points of the Catchers Creed while training or playing.
  3. I will be suited up, stretched, and ready to go 15 minutes before the team is expected to arrive for training or a game.
  4. My equipment will always be clean. I will never drag dirt or mud into any indoor training facility.
  5. My shirt will always be tucked in, whether in a game or at practice.
  6. I will NEVER be heard saying anything disrespectful towards a team mate, opponent, coach, or umpire.

Click here to read the rest of "The Catchers Creed"

No comments: